macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Deep Deon
    Running Man, Chain Link, "H" Icons
    I've purchased all of the Logic tutorial programs (except for the video course, as I don't do video editing), and although the training is quite comprehensive, I've noticed one very big part of the interface left out of the courses: The "Running Man," "Chain Links" and "H" icons in the top left corner of the majority of Logic's windows. Certainly the definitions for these features can be found with some simple research, but let's face it: we're here cause we like the way MacProVideo explains things! I'd love to get a "layman's explanation" as to what these icons do, and how they can be effectively utilized. I certainly hope to see these points covered in the near future, as I'm new to Logic Pro (I skipped Express) but am quickly diving deep into this incredible DAW. So, can anyone explain how exactly these work? I'd love to hear from one of the trainers on this one! Thanks!!
  • Christian L
    Re: Running Man, Chain Link, "H" Icons
    Excellent suggestion. Are you subscribing to the TNT 303 tutorials ? Maybe Steve could explain these in an upcoming topics. What do you think ?
  • Deep Deon
    Re: Running Man, Chain Link,
    Currently I am not subscribed to TNT 303. I plan to be just as soon as I am personally comfortable enough with Logic to where I won't have to do much lot of referencing - where I can sail through it easily on my own. But honestly, with the amount of time I invest playing with Logic, it shouldn't be long before I'm at that level. However, if this matter is covered in the next edition of TNT, I'll be sure to subscribe immediately. I'm sure many of us would appreciate covering this topic. Is there a way I can formally submit that to Steve as a TNT suggestion, or would it be better to let the moderators handle that? Thank you!
  • steveH
    Re: Running Man, Chain Link,
    [quote:20858]I've purchased all of the Logic tutorial programs (except for the video course, as I don't do video editing), and although the training is quite comprehensive, I've noticed one very big part of the interface left out of the courses: The "Running Man," "Chain Links" and "H" icons in the top left corner of the majority of Logic's windows. /quote] The runnung man is called the Cache or catch toggle. When Logic is "running" the catch toggle automatically switches on allowing the data/regions on in the display area of whatever page you're on to update and keep syncronized with the SPL (song position line). Whenever the the SPL reaches the far right side of the display, the data area refreshes and the cursor begins again at the left side of the display. You can turn the catch toggle off (while the Logic is playing) and the display will "stay put" and not follow the music allowing you to edit the " frozen in time" area while the song is continuing to play. The catch feature also automatically turns off whenever you select a region/event while the the song is playing again allowing you to edit on the fly with keepin the display frozen in time enabling you to edit on the fly without losing you place in the timeline of the song! The Hide anf Link features require me to do a TNT to demostrate their features... sign-up to the TNT subscription series to get all kins of cool tips!!! Steve H.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: