macProVideo.com
Forums
  • cram
    Can't get any audio out
    I am using Logic 7. I have a G5 (dual) with OS 10.4.10 and I am using an Onyx 1620 with the firewire card. I think I connected everything the way is suppossed to but still I am not getting any audio from my speakers. Can anyone hlep me here?
  • Christian L
    Re: Can't get any audio out
    Hi Cram, Did you solve your problem ? Do you get any sound from other apps, like iTunes ?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Cram if you haven't solved the problem yet, have you tried selecting your audio interface from within Logic? Audio>Audio drivers and hardware> Then select the correct audio interface from the driver selection. Hope that helps Rounik
  • cram
    Rounik Yes, I already tried. The computer recognizes the mixer but I am just unable to get any signal. I called Mackie and they told me I needed to download a file from the apple website. I downloaded it and installed it but still I cannot get anything. I don't think there is anything wrong with the mixer because I just changed computers. I was using a G4 without any problems and I changed to a G5 with OS 10.4.10. I certainly will appreciate any tips Thanks in advance
  • cram
    hi Christian Thank you for the tip. I haven't tried any other program. I going to try everything again this weekend and I'll be happy to let you know. In one occasion I openned Logic first and then I turned on the mixer. I got the message asking if I wanted to use Onyx as my in/out sound source and I accepted it. Then, I went to the system and onyx was indeed installed as my main in/out source.
  • Christian L
    The problem seems to be with the Mac OS 10.4.10 update... Did you try this : [url]http://www.mackie.com/products/satellite/pdf/AppleFWAudio_Rollback_TN.pdf[/url]
  • cram
    Christian Thank you for your help. And, yep, I tried it. When I called mackie support that is what they told me to do. I followed it step by step but still I can't get anything out. Tonight I am going to play with the system and check if at least I can get any audio "in"
  • cram
    Hey Christian I tested the audio "in" and actually I can get signal in the computer and Logic but no audio out. I went to System preferences>audio>output, and I got a "selected device has no output control" message. Any word of wisdom? Thanks
  • Christian L
    The "selected device has no output control" message is normal. It does'nt mean you got no output... it just mean that you can't control the output level with System Preferences. Just to be sure, go to your Apple Menu... about this Mac... More Info... Software... Extensions.... What is the version number under AppleFWAudio ?
  • cram
    After I installed the program that I downloaded from the Mac website, it shows: 2.0.1
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: