macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cajypiu
    Drum editing and Logic optimisation
    Hi Steve, thanks again for the tutorial this month. I am always looking for ways to get natural sounding drums programming wise and the hyper editor looks like it'll hit the spot. The beat mapping side of things too is also of huge interest to me so thanks for choosing that for this month. One subject that I would like to see covered is the calculating and offsetting of delays when bouncing in and out of the computer. For example. You program some drums yet want to process them with outboard gear. For instance, run the sounds through a guitar amp, miking and recording back in to layer with the original programmed beat. Are there methods that you use for making sure recording offsets are in place to prevent delays/ phase cancellations etc or do you nudge graphically and by ear? Any thoughts appreciated :) Fantastic work thus far though.. truly. Regards, John
  • steveH
    Re: Drum editing and Logic optimisation
    I don't do a ton of outboard processing but I can tell you that I tend to believe my eyes and ears when it comes to aligning my beats!
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Drum editing and Logic optimisation
    If it sounds right it is right afterall!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: