The best way to advise you on how to pack your macro is to see your environment. Is there any way you could post a link to the file? (Details below)
But a few general tips...
1) While you can pack channel strips in a macro, I don't honestly know how well they'd work. I have the feeling that Logic won't like it. Probably best to avoid doing that. (I just tried to do this twice on Logic 8 and both times it crashed Logic. Oh, what we won't do to help out our beloved MPV forum members!) :-)
2) Macros can only have one input and one output. In the event that you have more than one in and out you'll have to use special procedures to get it to work. (I can help you with this if that's the case).
If you want to post a link to your Logic file, please do the following:
- save your project under a new name ("Save As...") with the "assets" box unchecked.
- remove any audio in the bin (go to the bin, select all, hit delete. This will not delete your audio files, it'll just remove them from the bin)
- in the arrange page, delete all regions if you want to keep your music private. If you're not concerned about that then skip this step.
- re-save the project one more time, ZIP it (compress it) and now you're ready to host it on a server, or, set up a link using a service like YouSendIt or similar.
And if none of that's possible, please post screenshots of your Environment so we can have a looksee that way.