Re: Help!!! I need to align all tracks.
Hi King Solo,
well, when working with audio waveforms (audio regions) it might be easier to zoom right in and manually drag the region(s) to re-position them...
Anyway, here's one way - assuming you've got multiple regions on one track and you wish to move all regions by the same amount
1. Open the Key Commands window: (Option-K)
2. Type: nudge into the search field. A LOT of different nudge commands appear.
3. Make sure you have assigned a suitable KC for Nudge region/event position Right (and LEFT) by Nudge value.
4. Scroll down to the "Set Nudge value by..." commands.
Here you can see the kc's for setting the nudge value by tick, division, beat, bar, sample, etc.
5. Close the key commands window and use the appropriate set nudge value (e.g. set it to "Samples".
6. Turn off Cycle mode and click on the track header. This will select all regions on the track.
7. Now use the key commands to nudge the selected regions left/right by the nudge value.
Hope this helps
p.s. I just re-read your post, so perhaps you don't need to nudge / line-up track 3 and 4 to the same start point or where the waveforms begin...
In which case if you need to replace the beginning of the region on track 4 with 3 it's even easier... I'd still recommend lining the two tracks up using the method above... then:
switch the drag mode (in the top right of the Arrange area) to No Overlap.
Cut the region on track 3 and drag it onto the beginning of track 4.
Next position the mouse cursor between the two regions on track 4 (at the top of regions). The pointer should turn into a Junction tool Drag left/right to adjust where one region begins and the other ends.
Remember that a region is only a window display of the original audio file. resizing, cutting and deleting sections in the Arrange are does NOT delete the actual audio content, so if you make a mistake simply drag out to resize the region again.