macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jvanva
    HyperEditor bug in Logic Studio?
    Hi all, I was following the TNT tutorial for the HyperEditor using Logic Studio. There are some things a little different and I managed to navigate my way through most of them, but there is one item that's a little strange. It seems that the note width of the notes is not following the grid settings when set to the note value setting. So, for instance, if I change the grid from its default 1/16 setting to 1/32, the note width remains at 1/16 and takes up two slots. Is anyone else noticing this behavior, or did I miss something? I am working around it by setting the width to one of the absolute values smaller than the grid setting for the time being. Darth Vanva
  • steveH
    Re: HyperEditor bug in Logic Studio?
    changing the grid never alters the note length in ANY of Logic' s editing windows. The grid is there for positioning only. If you want to edit note lengths, go to the Piano Roll/Matrix editor!
  • jvanva
    I'm sorry I don't think I communicated this well. I'm starting out with a midi region with no notes in it and I open the HyperEditor tab (or full size window, the behavior is the same) on that region. I then choose the GM Drums mapping. From there, I set the grid of the Closed HiHat lane from its default of 1/16 to a new value of 1/32. The Pen Width parameter for that Closed HiHat lane is set by default to "Note Length". If I now add some new notes to that HiHat lane, aren't the length of the notes I add supposed to match the grid setting for that lane? If not, what is the Pen Width setting of "Note Length" supposed to do. When I add new notes, to that HiHat lane, the notes are still being drawn as 16th notes (taking up 2 grid slots) instead of the 32nd notes that the grid for that lane is set to. Is this what I should be observing? Darth Vanva
  • mPV Support
    [quote:11958] If I now add some new notes to that HiHat lane, aren't the length of the notes I add supposed to match the grid setting for that lane? If not, what is the Pen Width setting of "Note Length" supposed to do. [/quote] The "Note Length" setting displays the actual length of the notes. It does'nt set the note length to the grid snap setting. For exemple, if you've got one 1/4 note and one 1/8 note in the Piano Roll editor, you will see the correct length displayed in the hyper editor.
  • mPV Support
    By the way, if you want to set the length of input notes, change the "Length" parameter in the inspector.
  • jvanva
    Ok, I just reviewed Steve's HyperEditor Events tutorial. I notice that he didn't have his pen width set to Note Length like Logic Studio had as default. Instead it was set to 6. So when he set the Tom lane to 1/64 and just dragged, he was getting notes drawn at 1/64, where I was getting them drawn at 1/16 on a 1/64 grid. I guess that is what threw me off. Setting my pen width to 6 now gives me what I saw in the tutorial. Sorry for the brain fart. I guess I need to pay more attention. I will make sure to account for this when I get around to making a template.
  • steveH
    Yeah, I was using short lengths so that I could demonstrate the note entry technique with ease. These TNT's are at an advanced level... so I don't go into the the same basic detail like I do in my other tutorials! Sorry!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: