macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Aussie
    How to copy a project from Logic 7 and have it play in Logic 8
    I cannot seem to find a simple explanation/tutorial on how to transfer a complete song project from Logic 7 (on friends computer) to Logic 8 (on my computer). I've tried it with 2 songs using a LaCie backup drive..but I find the audio files (guitars, vocals are missing. My friend will be upgrading to Logic 8 (all the songs were created on his computer w/Logic 7) and we want to be able to record at his house then copy the song..bring it up to my computer...work on the song...then copy...take it back to his computer. I know that until he upgrades to Logic 8, the transfer will only go one way to Logic 8 and not back to Logic 7...that's OK..but then it will be back and forth from Logic 8 to Logic 8. We have used the drum loops, Rhodes, B3, lots of live vocals and guitar tracts. I know there is a simple way to accomplish this..just need an friendly expert out there who could explain this operation to some of us out there who are trying to do the same. Thank's in advance!
  • Christian L
    Re: How to copy a project from Logic 7 and have it play in Logic
    Hi Aussie, When you save your project in Logic 7, be sure to check "Save audio files to project folder." If Logic 8 can't find some files, click on "manually" in the dialog window and navigate to the proper file/folder. L8 should find all the other files if they are located n the same place. Logic 8 should then be able to open and play your L7 songs. Tell me if it works!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: