macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tcap
    Moving apple loops and samples to External drive
    I have a MacBook pro and i just upgraded to logic 8. I wanted to know can I move my sounds and jam pack samples to a external drive to free up memory and logic will still find them? Can some one show me how and what to do? I only have 9GB left on my Mac hard drive.
  • alexbutterfield
    Re: Moving apple loops and samples to External drive
    Bump. There was never a reply to this and it is something that I am interested in also. Those of us who have (relatively) smaller HDs by contemporary standards--my iMac G5 has an 80G internal drive--could face issues of space with Logic 8 that could be partially addressed if large parts of the package can be installed separately on external drives. Thanks.
  • Christian L
    When you install Logic Studio, you get the option to specify the destination of the Appleloops. This is the best way to do it!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi You can also move the apple loops to your external drive. The folder is: HD> Library> Audio> Apple Loops Then create an alias of the folders new location on said ext. drive and move the alias to above folder so when Logic looks for the apple loops it will be redirected to the new location. However, I've never tried this with apple loops and have no desire or need to do so. I have done this with exs instruements and other samples and third party instruments .dat files with great success. If for some reason Logic can't reference the moved apple loops move them back. Another way of doing this is to install logic 8, deselect the extra content you don't want on your internal drive. Select where you'd like the extra content to be installed to as Christian suggests.
  • alexbutterfield
    Thanks for your replies. It's helpful.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: