macProVideo.com
Forums
  • This_unit
    Is a Frame a Frame in Logic 8?
    Hey everyone, my question is regarding frame accurate edits in Logic 8. The best way I can think of doing this is by a comparison with PT. Oh, by the way, I am working in PAL. (Australia) In PT if you set the playhead position by typing in a time code, it will sit there, dead on, and if you move it forward, or backward by a frame, it will always come back to the exactlly the same spot. Unless I am missing something, this process in Logic 8 does not have the same result. I have set up some KC to move the playhead by a frame in either direction. I made a frame of audio in PT and imported it. . just to be sure. . Anyone had the same? I am enjoying the tutorials, looking forward to getting more.
  • steveH
    Re: Is a Frame a Frame in Logic 8?
    I reproduced your set up/methodology and Logic is dead-on-frame accurate! Hmmm.... not sure what's going on!?
  • This_unit
    Hi thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate that. Would there be some variables or settings I am not aware of or have set wrong perhaps? Another thing i tried is recorded some blank audio, then, set the song position at 01:00:00:00, and pressed fwd one frame KC until the transport reaches 01:00:01:00 (25 times) Then Split the region at the Playhead, (which should make that region from start to finish one second right?) I then repeated this region 59 times, and the end should read 01:01:00:00. (one minute later) I then double clicked on the timecode in the transport bar and pressed Enter, in therory the song position pointer should not move, but in practice it does, well on my system at least. Its a bit fiddily i know, but this frame thing as I see it is bugging me a bit. . I would like to find out that I am doing something the wrong way, so then I can correct it. Cheers. at the moment, i have no hardware connected, just using the macbook dual 183, and osx 10.4.10, and of course logic 8.0.0
  • This_unit
    Hi, well I would love to know how you got this to work dead on, because for the life of me, I have not been able to. If instead of saying, well mine works, i don't know what is going on with your system, a little advice would be appreciated. I have bought a number of your tutorials, so i figured a little more support than that would have been nice. . I also visited several posts and they seem to suggest the same issues as me. Composers seem happy to work with it, but sound fx, foley and dialog type editors, maybe not so because they rely on frame accurate edits. As it turns out, there is probably something going on within logic itself, resolving to something other than timecode type time. Stange how Soundtrack Pro2 can do it, but logic does not seem too. So, if you can get logic to be frame accurate i.e. start at 01:00:00:00, move fwd one frame and then back one frame, and it ends up in the same spot. (with it zoomed right in) Then share with me your project settings etc because I would love to work this one out. Cheers.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: