macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Thunder Productions
    Cutting samples
    Question. I've imported samples from a sample CD. The files each have 4 to 6 drum hits on them. I would like to make them into separate files for each hit. Can I do this in Logic 8 or Soundtrack Pro or do I have to get a different program. I'm trying to make a drum set in EXS24 and when I load the existing sample I have to edit out all the other hits. I think it would be a lot easier to have individual files. Thanks, Thunder
  • Christian L
    Re: Cutting samples
    Yes, it's possible to do that. Here's how : 1-Import your samples in the Arrange window in Logic 8. 2-Just cut the samples at the beginning of each hit. You can use the zoom tool to make precise edits. 3-You will end up with many different regions. 4-Select a region and choose : File/Export/Region as Audio File and save the new file somewhere on your HD. (repeat this step for all regions.)
  • Thunder Productions
    Thanks Christian for your reply. I figured there must be a way with the software I already had.
  • cell
    I've been using the Sample Editor to do very precise beat slicing, as the scrub bar is incredibly useful for quickly finding where a particular part starts and finishes. However, I am having a problem at the moment editing one of my own Apple Loops. I had a beat that I took from a sample CD and converted to an Apple Loop. I then copied the first bass drum slice to a seperate region on another track. When I tried to select the snare that followed, I could select the section of the original loop that I wanted, but starting the playback in Sample Editor would not loop the selection. I tried turning the cycle on and off, moving from one track back to this one, but the playhead basically keeps playing past the end of the selection. I also tried both the space bar and the play icon in the Sample Editor. I've also made sure I don't have the main window selected. Is there something I'm probably not doing right? The problem only occurs in the Apple Loop and not the original sample if I edit it... Cheers in advance.
  • Thunder Productions
    I'm only guessing at this but I don't think you can change it because its an apple loop. I believe you can convert the region back to a non apple loop and then edit it. Its probably under the region sub menu. Convert Region to ? and then you might be able to do the edit.
  • cell
    I'm not trying to actually change the loop itself, I'm just copying sections from within the Sample Editor and using them to create new regions. When I first edited the sample, it would loop only the selected section, but after copying the part I wanted out and returning to that sample, it loops the whole thing. Any ideas or is this a bug?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: