macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JJ
    Dont understand tutorial about "reassigning track objects&q
    Hello all. I just started the tutorial for logic 8 and in part 6 when reassigning track objects is explained, I dont quite understand why a new track object is not created in the environment. If you reassign a track to become a duplicate of another track, is that track still routed to the same environment object? From my understanding this is what I am seeing both on the tutorial and on my own computer. I hope I dont sound too confusing! If anyone can explain this Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
  • Christian L
    Re: Dont understand tutorial about "reassigning track objec
    [quote:25350] If you reassign a track to become a duplicate of another track, is that track still routed to the same environment object? [/quote] Yes, the duplicate track is routed to the same environment object. If you have 2 software instrument tracks routed to the same channel, all data on both tracks will be played through the same channel. This can be useful, for exemple when sequencing drum patterns, you can layer the kick, snare, hihats on different tracks.
  • JJ
    Thanks Christian for your help! One more quick question and maybe im getting ahead of myself, but what becomes of the environment object that was created? It seems like its dead space and not routed to anything? Thanks!
  • Christian L
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly... When you reassign a track to another environment object, the original channel strip is still there in the environment. You can reassign another track to it later on.
  • JJ
    Thanks Christian, Im pretty sure Im getting ahead of myself and will wait for the answers to come. Thanks for all your help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: