macProVideo.com
Forums
  • md
    midi latency ?
    hi to You all, my first time using logic ... and zeng! is there any way to reduce the latency during recording VI , im using my miniKorg as midi keyboard and yamaha UX96 for midi to usb, but im getting serious latency on trigering notes ... i dont know how much but it is noticable ,like 50 or 100 ms...maybe i looked and RTFM ,played arround with the settings ... nothing,hmm im i missing something?probbably ,heh any help is great! yours m.
  • Christian L
    Re: midi latency ?
    Hi md, Is the latency when using software inst or external MIDI inst ? What are your settings under Logic/Preferences/Devices/Core Audio ?
  • md
    hi wow, that was fast!!! im openig preset project with instruments loaded... Compose...Orchestral or Rock and yes it is a soft. instrument im outputting on alesis firewire multymix12, buffer size is 512,I/O buffer is on, rec delay is 0, Universal track mode is on, independent monitoring level is on, process buffer is small, live mode on, scrub speed is normal, scrub response is fast.
  • Christian L
    Try lowering the buffer size. Lowering the buffer size reduces latency, but places more strain on your CPU.
  • md
    jup! that helped,thx but there is a small amount of latency still present... but this is much more better thanks again m.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: