macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kenny Q
    Loading software on 2 computers
    Hello, I am thinking about buying Logic Pro 8 as a Christmas present for my son. We'll be having 2 Macbook pros in the house. Will we be able to load the software on both computers? Thanks, Kenny Q
  • steveH
    Re: Loading software on 2 computers
    Yes... but if you're on a network, you'll only be able to use one at a time.
  • Kenny Q
    Thanks, Another question: I am used to destructive editing with Sound Forge. Can I do the same type of edits with Logic Pro or Soundtrack Pro? Is there anything in the Logic Pro bundle that is comparable to Sony Sound Forge and Sony Acid? Thanks, Kenny Q
  • Christian L
    Hi Kenny, Welcome to the Mac and to Logic! I'm a mac guy, so I don't know a thing about Sound Forge, sorry! The majority of the edits you will do in Logic are non-destructive and that's a good thing! You can always revert back to your original file if you want. However, the processes (Normalize,, Change Gain, Reverse, etc) performed in the Sample Editor of Logic are destructive operations. Have fun with your new Macs!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi you can do destructive edits with Soundtrack Pro and as Christian described in Logic's Sample editor area. Sound track pro would be a more similar concept editing package to Sound Forge than Logic. Enjoy! Rounik
  • Kenny Q
    Thank you, I thought that Soundtrack Pro only does Non-Destructive editing. - Kenny Q
  • Rounik Admin
    stp2 does destructive and non-destructive editing. i had to check just to be sure this early in the morning! http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/soundtrackpro/#editing cheers rounik
  • Kenny Q
    Thanks for your reply. The link only mentions Non-destructive editing. - Kenny Q
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: