macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Julian
    Region Transparency
    Hey all. Need a hand.. There's a feature in GB that I wish I could find in L8. When moving regions in GB -- at least in the edit wondow at the bottom of the screen -- you can see through the region to the grid and other regions behind it. This makes lining up the soundwave to the grid or other feature really quick and easy. Being able to see both what you're moving and what's behind it makes the act of moving a breeze. But in L8, when I select a region it remains opaque; I can't see what's behind it. If I'm trying to line up, say, a spike in a sound wave with a bar line, a beat or another spike in a neighboring reagion, it's all trial and error. If the region were partially transparent -- as it is in GB -- this would be so much easier. Any thoughts? Am I missing a setting? Love the tutorials, by the way. I couldn't work without them!
  • Kipeweu
    Re: Region Transparency
    Hi You may call the "window" menu in the arrangepage and then choose the "Matrix-Editor" now you can see the grid of the region as seen in GB. Save it as Screenset makes it really easy. Hope i could help you. Greets
  • Julian
    Hey Mitch Thanks for the reply. It isn't working, so far as I can tell. By "Matrix Editor", I think you mean "Piano Roll" in L8. And I can see the grid when using MIDI. My problem is that most of my tracks are real instruments, so I'm looking at actual waveforms and trying to match them up with gridlines underneath. Any other thoughts? Thanks again!
  • Kipeweu
    You can try to open your region or recording in the apple loops utility program in the arrangepage ->Audio ->open with apple loops utility program..... then you can move the slice points in a grid you can choose for example 16ths note. You can also save your recordings with this as Apple-Loops so the regions apply to the current tempo automatically. Apple Loops is a cool stuff. Hope this helps. Greets Mitch
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: