macProVideo.com
Forums
  • NONOJO
    HOW do i assign & control more than 1 knob while automating?
    HOW do i assign & control more than 1 knob while automating? Do i have to set somthing up in the enviorment ? I want it to be part of my autoload. The automation quick access is limiting, it only allows you to control one INST & one parameter at a time- w/ 1 knob . I have a Oxegen 8- w/ "8" knobs but i use a master keyboard . I only want to use the oxygen 8 for the knobs/automation. In the enviorment i have the oxegen 8 set up properly . How can it be set up to use all 8 knobs @ once to automate a channel/plug -in ? thnx JAY Logic pro 7.2.3
  • Kipeweu
    Re: HOW do i assign & control more than 1 knob while automat
    Hi 1. choose Options 2. Track-Automaiton settings.... 3. Automation Preferenceswindow 4. Learn Message 5. Edit.... 6. activate "Learn Mode" button 7. click on the parameter you want to automate 8. twist the knob you want to assign to 9. "Assignment learned" 10. assign the next knob with exactly the same process (7 to 9) Hope i could help you. Greets Mitch
  • NONOJO
    Mitch , Thnx for the help . Iv realized that "MAYBE" you can't control/automate more than one INST @ a time, even if you have both INST engaged to REC. (ex) channel 1 i hav a bass & im using knobs 1-4 to automate channel 2 i have a string & using knobs 5-8 to automate While the transport is running would i be able to automate the bass knobs 1-4 & @ the same time automate the string knobs 4-8 ?? anyone ?? Thnx JAY
  • Claude Young
    Hi Jay, If you follow the instructions from Mitch you can do what you require. When in Easy View mode and assigning controllers there is a setting called Channel Strip - it normally shows selected Track - use the flip menu and change that to instrument and then next to the flip menu enter the channel strip number of the instrument your trying to control. Example if your using an instrument on channel-strip 1 you assign the first 4 knobs and each time you learn the parameter you want to use you set the channel strip setting to instrument and enter the (mixer) channel number. On instrument 2 do the same with parameters 4-8. Then you can record your automation. regards. C
  • NONOJO
    :)) THNX U ! It worked ! . Now i used my INST ch 3 & 4 to test this & in this channel strip box instead of getting ch 3 & 4 i get 13 & 14 , any specific reason ? Also my audio unit plug-in sonik synth would not respond. It read the name in the parameter but no automation. Anything i should be looking for ? thnx a mill JAY
  • Claude Young
    [quote:12583]:)) THNX U ! It worked ! . Now i used my INST ch 3 & 4 to test this & in this channel strip box instead of getting ch 3 & 4 i get 13 & 14 , any specific reason ? Also my audio unit plug-in sonik synth would not respond. It read the name in the parameter but no automation. Anything i should be looking for ? thnx a mill JAY [/quote] Hi Jay, Im really glad that helped you out. I know how frustrating it can be to get these things working. The reason you might be getting channel 13 & 14 is that the numbers are dictated by the channel strip number in the Mixer not the arrange track number. I might be wrong, thats how i read it on another forum and in the manual. Im not sure what the problem might be with your 3rd party plugin. Sometimes they implement crazy midi CC assignments. Check your plugins documentation. I use FxPansion Guru and it has a crazy midi implementation. Hope this helps. Kindest regards. C
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: