macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jimbob
    Please Help
    Hi, in my house we have two macs with two copies of Logic Pro 7 and therefore 2 xskeys. Recently out of the blue one of the Xskeys has stopped working! So we have to keep swapping the key that works between the computers. V annoying. When the key which wont work is plugged in and logic is run we are asked if we wish to run a day long demo version of logic, and then we are told that a 'Beta License' thing is missing from our key. this is all odd because both logic's have been working well for over a year, before this happened. Help please, any suggestions of things to try.. (have already re installed on both computers) Thanks
  • Christian L
    Re: Please Help
    Ahh... That dongle we always love to hate! Did you think about upgrading ? There is no dongle anymore with Logic 8.
  • Richtor
    Re: Please Help
    Hello I had that exact problem with my Key. No amount of reinstalling helps. It just died on me and as it was a blue key I had to send it back to a emagic licensed outlet for a replacement. Now its apple your local store will help and will replace it with an white key. Maybe now since there are no dongles Apple maybe able to supply you with a code but im guessing as your still using 7 it will require a full key replacement. If you are considering upgrading to 8 you will still need at least one key working (which you have). You can have a copy on each of your machines as Logic 8 now lets you do this and as Christian said no more dongle-Hoorah!. But if you want to have both your of copies registered seperately then you will need that working key! Hope that does not confuse you :) Hope this helps
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: