macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kiteboarder
    Punching in and Zero Crossing.
    Here's a little tidbit question that might help a few people... When you do punch-ins where you are playing or singing all the way through the beginning, middle and end of the recording, does Logic begin or end the clip at ZERO CROSSING? Or do you have to do something to avoid clicks and pops generated by punch ins. This is of particular concern when playing lucious pads or full strumming guitars since the amplitude of the wave is already high when the punch in recording begins. I noticed that the vocal recording punch-ins Martin does in Logic 101 have silences at the beginnings and ends, so it's not much of a concern there.
  • mPV Support
    Re: Punching in and Zero Crossing.
    [quote:33771] When you do punch-ins where you are playing or singing all the way through the beginning, middle and end of the recording, does Logic begin or end the clip at ZERO CROSSING? [/quote] No, Logic does'nt begin nor end the recording at zero crossing. However, if you're using Logic 8 Comp feature, it will automatically create crossfades so you won't hear nasty clicks. If you're not using Comp (by clicking on the "Replace" button in the transport bar) , just use the fade tool to create crossfades between regions.
  • Kiteboarder
    Thanks, I'll try it and see. I noticed that if I flatten comps without merging I get crossfades between sections. But when I did this, I don't think I had the "comps" button clicked in the transport bar.
  • mPV Support
    Comp is always on by default. Click on the "Replace" button in the transport bar to turn it off. You can set the default crossfade settings of comps in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio > General (Crossfade Time and Crossfade Curve). IMHO, the default settings works great. When you flatten a comp it will create different audio regions and you will be able to edit the crossfades with the crossfade tool. When you flatten and merge, it will create a new audio files which will replace the comp takes... so you won't be able to edit the crossfades anymore. Hope it's clear!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: