macProVideo.com
Forums
  • HedRsh
    Importing Apple Loops
    I have purchased alot of Apple Loop Libraries and they don't seem to drag and drop properly. Every time I drop an Apple Loop the key changes and I don't know how to make it match the original loop library format instead of song key so that it would stay the same as what I hear in the browser when I put it in original key. There is even key info on drum loops and they change pitch when I drop them into the session. When it is a construction kit of a song which would consist of a mix of all the parts of the original song and then all the split tracks so that you can rebuild the song but all the parts end up in different keys so nothing matches as far as pitch is concerned..... HELP ME PLEASE.
  • Christian L
    Re: Importing Apple Loops
    The fact that your appleloops are changing key is a normal behavior. In the loop browser, you can see the original key of the appleloop. When you drag an appleloop in your arrange page, it will automatically transpose the loop to match your song's key (Global Tracks - Key Signature). You can transpose them back to the original pitch by using the "Transposition" parameter in the Inspector. For exemple, if your appleloop original pitch is F and your song's key is C, you will have to enter + 5 to transpose it up a perfect fourth (5 semitones, or 5 keys on a keyboard). If there is no pitch info for an appleloop in the browser, the loop won't be transposed... it will always play at the original pitch. This is particularly for drum loops.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: