macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    how to use an Audio interface
    hi i'm a noob at recording and i just got a audio interface (toneport gx) to record my guitar. What i don't understand is how do i record into Logic using the audio interface. So, can you please help me out. Thanks, Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: how to use an Audio interface
    Hi I'm not familiar with the toneport gx personally. Firstly read any instructions it comes with. Then i would suggest the "getting started" guide in Logic. If you haven't already done so plug the interface in to your mac via firewire or usb. Now, start Logic. Go to Preferences>Audio.. select your interface in the "device" drop down menu. You should be good to go now. Select an audio track in the arrange. Make sure it's I/O is selected (e.g. input 1) and it's output is 1-2. Now, click the R button (record enable) on the track header or at the bottom of the channel strip. It should turn red. Your track is now "record enabled". Click on the record button in the transport when you have connected a guitar or mic into your interface's input 1 and your should now be recording whatever audio signal is passing through your audio interface into Logic! Happy recording! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: