macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Logic 8.0.1 is out
    Logic 8.0.1 is now out. As yet, it's only available through software update. Not up on the apple downloads website yet. From other reports some of the changes seem to related to the Giant Bar and smpte displays and the ability to hide the transport in the arrange. I'm off to download it now and try it out. Rounik
  • Christian L
    Re: Logic 8.0.1 is out
    Thanks Rounik for the info!!!
  • Pebusoa
    It seems all the bugs still here and new ones are coming, take a look at apple.com /suport/ discussions/ Logic pro, the users are angry with Apple, for me Logic is unusuable in a pro way, lot of crashs and CPU overloads, and the new version Just resolve a compatibility with waveburner and some new features key comands windows change just that but nothing against previouse crash Bugs, here are two Link, http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1296436&tstart=0 http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1296258&tstart=15 hope to be helpfull. f.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fernando, It's true there are some unhappy Logicians out there. But there seem to be some who are not experiencing new bugs or overloads. These might not be of "bug" status if this is particular to a specific setup. I'm not trying to brush these bug reports under the carpet - woul just like to get a balanced view. Have you upgraded to 8.0.1 and found Logic unusable? what system are you on? mac spec? 3rd party plug-ins? audio interface? Do you still experience crashes when you use built-in audio and disable 3rd party plug's? Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 8.0.1 documentation updated
    Hi the logic 8.0.1 late breaking news documentation has been updated... http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Logic_Pro_8.0_lbn_z.pdf the changes are listed on page 2. Rounik
  • Pebusoa
    Hi Rounik, i dont think it is a setup problem but more a lit bit of all software bugs, audio interface not optimised for leopard, core audio troubles ect..., anyway before update be sure you don´t gonna have more troubles than you have with the first software version, for the moment all is new, Leopard, Logic, in some way it is normal to have troubles hope in the future we get more stability, Cheers. f.
  • Beagleman
    Hi, I downloaded the update and it gave no instructions and no folder on desktop. I can't find it anywhere! Any ideas? Thanks
  • Christian L
    [quote:34163]Hi, I downloaded the update and it gave no instructions and no folder on desktop. I can't find it anywhere! Any ideas? Thanks[/quote] Did you use Software Update ? When you use Software Update, it download and install the update automatically. Check your Logic version number in Logic Pro > About Logic Pro. After the update it should read 8.0.1
  • Beagleman
    I did use Software Update. In Logic Pro>About Logic Pro still reads 8.0.0. In System Preferences>System/Software Update>Installed Updates it reads that 8.0.1 was installed.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Beagleman try this link to get the full update direct from the apple website: http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/download/
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: