macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Chinamink
    Logic with Live or Reason?
    Hello all and Happy Holidays. I'm looking to add some more flexibility to Logic. Right now I am trying to decide between adding "Reason" or "Live" to my software arsenal but I'm unsure which is the better choice. For the short term it has to be one or the other. Any thoughts? Pros and cons regarding either? Any input would be great.
  • Martin
    Re: Logic with Live or Reason?
    With Logic, you've already got a great sequencing and multi-track tool, so I'd personally suggest Reason. you can rewire reason into Logic and then have access to a lot of great new sound and sample banks, while using Logic to sequence. Live is more full functioned than reason, but a lot of what live has is already found in Logic. I'd personally go with all thosee extra sounds in reason. $0.02.
  • cdutro
    [quote:1002]With Logic, you've already got a great sequencing and multi-track tool, so I'd personally suggest Reason. you can rewire reason into Logic and then have access to a lot of great new sound and sample banks, while using Logic to sequence. Live is more full functioned than reason, but a lot of what live has is already found in Logic. I'd personally go with all thosee extra sounds in reason. $0.02.[/quote] .02 ? Geez, I would have thought that info was worth more than that !!
  • Martin Delaney
    Logic with Live! Funny how you get such differing opinions...in my experience, Reason offers very little to the Logic user (assuming we're talking about Logic Pro), whereas Live brings it's insane universe of real-time manipulation and spontaneity. Logic Pro for instrument sounds, Live for audio manipulation - you can't go wrong :-)
  • Martin
    Okay, guantlet's down now ... :) ... who else has some opinions? I'd love to here what other's have to say, as this is a pretty interesting workflow issue that I'm sure many people are wondering about!
  • mylespower
    im using live rewired with logic pro 7.2 i love the combination i mainly link the two of them to rip through my loop libraries in real time just to test what kind of a percussion groove will work and then i may use the loop or create something with a similar groove but with different sounds if i recall correctly you can't load up any midi instruments in live when in rewire mode with logic... so that kind of sucks i've only toyed with reason for a total of like 3 hours in my life and i actually do like redrum and for all the sounds from ?maelstrom? and whatever that other synth is.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: