macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tulu
    Belkin Firewire hub & Logic Pro - Miss match
    I use G5, RME fireface with logic pro. Due to memory shortage I have attached an external Lacie hard drive with my g5. One firewire port I have kept for RME dedicatedly and in another firewire port I have attached belkin firewire hub from where I have connected my display, external hard drive, cd writer. But here is the problem - My logic pro does not make any sound and giving me a message "Error while trying to synchronise audio and midi - sample rate 44100 recognized, check conflict between logic pro and external device". But if I take out the hub, I get sound regularly from logic pro. Could you guys help me. Thanks in advance. Tulu
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Belkin Firewire hub & Logic Pro - Miss match
    Hi Tulu Go to "Audio MIDI Setup" in HD>Applications>Utilities Check to see if the sample rate for your RME is 44.1 In Logic: Go to Project settings>Audio and check that the project's sample rate is also 44.1 Rounik
  • Tulu
    Thanks Rounik.
  • Tulu
    Hi Rounik Thanks for you important info and help. I have applied you remedy in a different situation - Not in the synchronization issue I wanted help for, I think the remedy will also work for the synchronization issue as well. But now I had a different problem and I solved that with your remedy (sampling 44.1 changing in couple of places). Today I was trying to do some parralel compression NYC in my Drums and Bass. The compression gave me real good sound but issue is different. While I was bouncing to 2 track and burned onto a CD, it was giving me distourted sound. I tryied to fix compression rate in many places but could not solve and finally I applied you sampling remedy and it worked. But I have questions: 1. you told me to change the sampling rate in HD>Application>utilities>Audio Midi Setup to 44.1 as well in Logic arrange window>audio>sampling rate to 44.1. I also changed sampling in RME interface to 44.1. But why change to 44.1 in MAC, there are options for 48Khz as well in there. Why you specified 44.1. 2. I was working on a project which I recorded at 48 Khz because of music video. But I faced the problem of distortion as I mentioned above. But you know what - while I chabged the MAC's sampling to 48 Hz and RME to 48Khz and Logic was in 48khz from the begining, still I had the distortion problem after bouncing and burned onto CD. If it is a constrain in MAC's sampling to keep it 44.1hz then how I will record at 48 or over when it is needed? My present project already recorded at 48 but it is giving me distortion, if I change it to 44.1, distortion goes away but my tracks gets total crap because of sampling change. Waiting for your response. Tulu
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tulu To get a distorted sound I would check all the channel strip meter levels to make sure none of them are peaking. Also make sure there are no unwanted "distortion" plug ins on your channel strips (e.g. bitcrusher, guitar amp pro etc). However, now that i re-read your post I'm not sure the above is the problem... to answer your questions: 1. I specified 44.1 because i thought that's what you were working in. sorry. should have said match the sampling rate. You can use 48khz of course - or whatever you choose. 2. It is not a constraint of the mac.... Is your hub still plugged in? Even though i daisy chain 3 devices from my firewire bus (firebox - ext HD - ext HD) perhaps you have overloaded your firewire bus....try removing your cd writer and/or display from the hub. Or restart from your mac and then plug in your RME. Also, are you using any third party plug-ins or instruments? There might be conflict for some running at 48khz? However, I suspect this is something to do with the RME. To really test this issue, set your sampling rate at 48khz. Now go to Preferences>Audio and choose built-in from the device section. Quit Logic. Unplug your RME. Restart Logic. Open your NYC comp project. Try to bounce it at 48khz. Is it still distorted? Thanks Rounik
  • Tulu
    Hi Rounik I did everything as you said but still its distorted after bouncing. Could you suggest something? Thanks Tulu
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: