macProVideo.com
Forums
  • HWK
    Recording in Logic 8
    Hi, I am another newbe to Logic Pro I have watched the mastering logic video on tempo and time streatching about 10 times and I am still having problems getting my prerecorded (records) vocals to sequence on beat with my song. I even tried using anchors. I create my beats in ultra beat. I produce a lot of electronic house music so I use a lot of vocals in my music, mostly prerecorded music from the 70's for example, samples of Aretha Franklin vocals as you know some of her music is slow 90 bpms. The music I produce is around 120 and up bmp. Question how small should I chop up the samples, what tempo should I start the song out at if her vocals are 90 bmps and my beat is 120 bmp. Do I need to aslo, use beat mapping with if so please explain. I know nothing comes easy I really need some help with this. I have also, read the users manual. I been stuck on this issue for over a month now. Thanks for all replies Reggie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording in Logic 8
    To tempo change a 90bpm vocal sample to 120 is quite a change! In Logic with your project at 120bpm import the vox audio sample. Now cut a 4 bar/8 bar loop of one of Aretha's vocal parts. You need to make sure it is exactly 2,4,8 bars in length according to the sample not the project... - Position the region at 1 1 1 1. - Now create locators from 1 1 1 1 to 5 1 1 1 (if it is a 4 bar loop) - Go to the local Audio menu and select a Time machine algorithm that seems good to strt with (you'll need to experiment with these!) - Finally, go to local Audio menu and select "Adjust region length to locators" Logic now time stretches the sample to the project's tempo. Try the different algorithms to see if you can get better results. Also, you could create an apple loop from from an aretha vox sample. import said sample into logic, make sure it is 2.4.8. whatever number of bars. Adjust the locators to match the number of bars of your sample. Now go to Options>Tempo>Adjust Tempo Length Using Region Length and Locators. The tempo now matches the sample. Now go to the local Audio menu and select "Open in Apple Loops utility..." Set the tags, etc as desired, (make sure "looping" is ticked). You now have a fully fledged apple loop that will respond to changes in tempo. Hope this helps Rounik
  • HWK
    Re: Recording in Logic 8
    Hi, Rounik Hey thanks for the tips. I will keep at it, I haven't played around with the different algorithms yet. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving out a major step. A friend of mine who uses logic suggested that I purchased the program to make my music, now he doesn't want to offer any assistance. So I really appreciate you help. Thanks, Reggie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: