macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JazzManLondon
    doubling the voice
    Hi there! I would like to knwo how guys like Elton John or Sting are making their voices sound bigger and stronger through doubling. So how do I do that? Can you tell me a website where I can get this Info and also basic information about recording voices and tipps and tricks? Cheers! JazzManLondon.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: doubling the voice
    Hi JazzMan There are a few different ways to double the voice in Logic, here are a couple: Copy the vocal region to two separate audio tracks. Adjust the volume levels t suit. Select one of the regions and in the region parameters box (in the Inspector) click hold on "Delay" and select a value like -1/96 or -1/192 to delay that region's playback by that amount. You can also use the chorus or ensemble plug-in. Sometimes the stereo delay plug-in can be good with no or very little feedback. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Christian L
    Re: doubling the voice
    Sometimes it's really worth it to take the time to record the singer twice (or more). The little differences in pitch and timing will make it sounds more realistic and interesting than artificial doubling.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: