macProVideo.com
Forums
  • morphine
    Recording
    So I have the Logic 101 tutorial. Does this actually cover recording? Or just digital music concepts? I am having the hardest time here. For some reason when I press record in ultrabeat the I hear the tones I am playing but they won't record, the only way to write anything in ultrabeat is for me to pencil them in. Does the ultrabeat tutorial actually cover recording with ultrabeat and using my midi keyboard (which has drum pads) which tutorial covers applying the midi keyboard one would be using? going so crazy!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording
    Hi The Logic 101 tutorial does cover MIDI recording (take a look at the contents): http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101 Are you trying to play Ultrabeat using the keys of a midi keyboard? If your keyboard works fine playing sounds of any other synth in Logic, I can't see what the problem may be? What MIDI controller do you have? Have you looked at the manufacturer's guide? Have you installed the latest drivers? What version of Logic and OS X? What tones do you hear? The drum sounds? Are you able to record any other soft synths in Logic using your MIDI keyboard? There are many ways to record Ultrabeat... one you've discovered is penciling in notes. The Ultrabeat tutorial covers many, many things including how to use it as a step sequencer. Have you tried using the capslock keyboard instead of your midi controller? If you're in 'Record' mode and the inst track is record enabled there should be no problem.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: