macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tisudiy
    Kernal Panics
    I recently purchased an M-Audio Project Mix. I'm trying to use it with Logic. I'm having several problems that if anyone has answers to I'd greatly appreciate it. 1.) When I launch Logic, the Project Mix responds to changes I make in the software but the software does not respond to the board. When I go into Pref/Control Surface setup and toggle different settings on and off it works for a while but then when I launch a Virtual Instrument the board controls the instrument parameters but won't come out of that mode. 2.) I'm using a Powerbook G4 17" 1.67 GHz. I have 2 FW800 drives hooked up to the FW800 port. I have a LaCie PC card FW/USB card and the Project Mix is hooked up to this. Everytime I run Logic between 10-20 minutes later I get a Kernal Panic (the black screen of death). Every Time!! I have tried running the drives through the PC card with the Project Mix in the FW400 port and I have also tried running the drives off the FW800 port and the Project Mix off the FW400 port (with no PC card,) but it always crashes. I have tried reinstalling the FW drivers for the Project Mix, Zapped PRAM, and reset the Power Management Unit with no success. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Tisudiy
    Re: Kernal Panics
    I'm not sure if it's proper to respond to your own post. But after weeks of trying I discovered the problem. I was using the newest driver for the Project Mix from M-Audio version 1.8.1. With nothing left to do I decided to try the old version of the driver 1.7.4. That completely solved all the problems. The kernal panics, the flaky behavior. If you hear of anyone else having this problem this solution worked. Use the old driver!
  • Martin
    Re: Kernal Panics
    Great! Thanks for the info Michael!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: