macProVideo.com
Forums
  • NONOJO
    Can Logic be slaved?
    Hi all, Can Logics sequencer be slaved, for example by a djs 1000, Matrixbrute? Can Logic be slaved by a Xone 96 mixer? The Xone 96 is recognized by Logic as a audio device. It's hooked up via usb. I'm trying to sync Logic to the xone mixer while the mixer is sending Midi Out to a Midi IN of a Matrixbrute/ Djs 1000/ Octatrack ... I wanna make one of those machines the master sequencer. How can it be done? Many thnx, Alex
  • Joe A
    Re: Can Logic be slaved?
    Hi Alex - Logic can be slaved to MTC [MIDI Time Code], but not to MIDI Clock [though it can be a MIDI Clock master]. So as long as you have a device that can output MTC then you should be able to slave Logic to it via Project Settings > Synchronization [see screenshot]. However, AFAICT the Octatrack only does MIDI Clock, and I couldn't find sync information about the others [I don't have any of them to check out] -- you may want to investigate the various Utility settings for those devices to see what options are available..
  • NONOJO
    Re: Can Logic be slaved?
    Hi Joe, Thank you again for your reply. Your doing a great job ... Since our last convo things have gone down the rabbit hole for me. I will open a new thread since the mission has changed.. catch u there !
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: