macProVideo.com
Forums
  • NONOJO
    Software Monitoring working not working ?
    Hi, Why does the audio from an external analog signal stop being audible when I press play on the transport? When I stop the sequencer (logic) only then can I hear the signal, why ? I have software monitoring engaged. If I flicker it on and off i might work, sometimes .. Any advise on how to solve this ? thnx
  • Joe A
    Re: Software Monitoring working not working ?
    Hi - That's normal. To allow for punching in/out with the monitoring automatically switching between playback and live signal, when playing back while not recording the incoming signal is not heard, in favor of the playback signal (any recorded audio already in the track). To be able to hear an external signal on a record-enabled track in playback while not recording, turn off "Auto Input Monitoring" [in the Record menu] -- this is sometimes referred to as Rehearsal Mode. Turn it back on to record/punch.
  • NONOJO
    Thnx Joe, But when I have LOW LATENCY MODE engaged I don't no longer have access too AUTO INPUT MONITORING in the RECORD drop down menu. What do you recommend? Thanks
  • Joe A
    Hmm.. Even with Low Latency mode enabled here [in Logic 10.5.1] I can still monitor the input signal in play [rehearsal] mode, as long as I have Auto Input Monitoring off [or the channel strip Input monitor engaged]. Note that you can't access the Auto Input Monitoring menu setting while the transport is moving, but when it's stopped you should be able to change the setting. A couple of things.. - In the past Logic has occasionally been glitchy when it comes to input monitoring -- you might want to shutdown/restart Logic and/or the computer to see if that affects anything - I suppose if it won't work for you it could be something related to the interface's software driver -- if you still can't get it to work as above you might need to check that out..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: