macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    iWeep at anything related to building websites...
    Okay, I built an iWeb site a few years back, and uploaded it using my ftp app Cyberduck. I haven't touched it since then, so now that I'm revising the site, I have a temp page that I've tried uploading. First, iWeb directed me to Publish to a Folder, and then upload using an ftp thingy. The temp page is a single page, but iWeb created a folder called Site, along with an index.html page (this page appears to be duplicated inside the folder as well, along with the other items). I opened Cyberduck and deleted my old site, then uploaded the Site folder and hit Refresh. I checked my browser, and got a 404 error page. I uploaded the additional index.html page, but got the same results. There were a couple of folders remaining on the site, one being an empty folder with the title of my site, the other being Logs. I deleted the empty one (same results) and tried deleting Logs, but got a message: FTP Error: Cannot delete... 550 /logs/musicforimages.com/http: No such file or directory. Any thoughts on this mysterious folder, or the basic non-website?
  • BenB
    Re: iWeep at anything related to building websites...
    iWeb can upload site itself, without an FTP app. That is the preferred manner, so that iWeb can be sure things go in the proper places. File > New Site (don't use new page), then fill in the appropriate upload info. There should be an index.html outside of the Site folder, and also one inside the Site folder. They perform similar, but different functions. It's set up like this to handle multiple sub-domains on one hosting account. Sounds like something is not pointing to the correct place. Your "Site" folder should actually have the name of the site you give it.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: