macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pat Loehrer
    pages 09 from 08
    1st time forum user---Recently upgraded from iPages 08 to 09. When working with file from 08: I am unable to "save" and "save as" as I am accustomed to. I can only get "save a version" option. I did duplicate which gave me a copy & was able to "save" but when I tested by closing and starting over again I only had and was able to "save a version". Is this new? do I have to convert original to 09 ? If anybody is available who understands please explain or direct me. Thanks Pat p.s. iPages help does not to my knowledge address "save a version"
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: pages 09 from 08
    Hi Pat & welcome to the MPV forums :) I haven't used Pages '08 for some time... but the changes in saving are really built in to the Mac OSX Mountain Lion - which is all about saving versions (with no Save as... option anymore). As you've done, I'd recommend duplicating your original Pages docs in the Finder (select them and hit Command-D) then use these to open in Pages 09 and see if you're able to open and save these in Page 09. I'm unaware of a user-defined option to convert Pages 08 docs to Pages 09... but basically, "Save as..." is no longer used in thelatest version of the Mac OS. Hope this helps, R
  • BenB
    Re: pages 09 from 08
    Yes, begining with Lion in fact, OS X began the auto-save & version system. When you alter a doc, in the title bar at its top, to the right of the name, you'll see in gray the word "Edited". Mouse over it and there's a menu there you can access. "Duplicate" is the new "Save As" in that, and the File menus. You can also access previous versions via that title bar menu. As for "Save", it is still there in the File menu to do manual saves in addition to the background versioning. Be sure you're version of Pages 09 is up to date (version 4.3).
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: