macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    A Numbers (iWork 09) question
    Don't know who might have some insight here, but I just finished the Numbers tutorial by Gary Atkins, and I didn't get an answer to the one big question I've been plagued with... I've created financial spreadsheets for each month of last year, but I can't figure a way to either A) add each column's monthly total to a running tally or B) copy and paste the row of a month's totals into a new document (when I do this, I paste in a selected area and just get those red triangles of mystery, which I suspect has something to do with the original rows having formulas attached...). Any thoughts?
  • Gorynui
    Re: A Numbers (iWork 09) question
    Well, it's a year later, and once again I'm pushing my tax deadline to the final few days, and I still don't have an answer to this. Last year, I manually placed the numbers in the columns, and it took a while to double-check and get it right. If anyone happens to read this and have an answer, I'd love to hear from you!
  • HonestAbe
    Re: A Numbers (iWork 09) question
    See if this helps: You can manually enter the cell or range of cells that you want to include, but clicking the cells will give you an accurate link every time. Click the cell where you want to enter the function. Type = (equal sign) followed by the name of the function and an open parenthesis mark. For example, =sum(. Click the tab of the first sheet that you want to reference. Hold down SHIFT and then click the tab for the last sheet that you want to reference. Create your formula by selecting a cell or range of cells from each of the tabs you selected. Complete the formula, and then press RETURN.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: