macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lamby
    KEYNOTE
    How can I save a Keynote presentation that no one can copy or modify ? Thanks in advance Lamberto Villani
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: KEYNOTE
    Hi, I don't believe it's possible to lock a Motion file to prevent it being copied I'm afraid. Can I ask why you need to do this. Perhaps there is another option...
  • Lamby
    I didn't mention Motion .... How can I save a Keynote presentation that no one can copy or modify ? I'talking about KEYNOTE
  • GaryHiebner
    Ahhh your user name is Motion, but you were inquiring about Keynote. What Mac OS version are you using? And what version of Keynote are you running? You could lock the Keynote file by changing the permissions on the file. Navigate to the Keynote project file. Then press Cmd+I. This will bring up the information box for the file. Navigate down to Sharing & Permissions. Unlock the lock on the bottom right. You will be asked to enter your password. Change all the users under the Name column to Read Only. Now if you pass this file onto others they will only be able to read the file, not change it. Unfortunately this is not a full proof solution. If the user knows how to change permissions on files, they'll be able to add full access to the file again and modify it. I hope this helps a little though.
  • iNotes4You
    Is there any way to fix the position of objects in KEYNOTE?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: