macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Frankymacpro
    Macbook Pro: SSD Disk in express card slot up to 32 GB-cool?
    Hi, just came across these: they go up to 32 GB and seem to have quite fast read/write times, did anyone ever try these as a second internal/external Laptop (Audio-) Drive? Hama ExpressCard34/ 4GB SSD (Solid State Disk) + USB 2.0 The ones from Transcend are only half the price, but supposedly slower: Transcend ExpressCard34/ 32GB SSD (Solid State Disk) inkl. USB Adapter -they are shockresistant, and an be used as an external drive (with another Computer) also, with the included USB adapter. How cool would it be, two HDs in a Laptop and the dedicated Audio Drive fast and separate (and quiet/internal SSD)!! Regards, Frank Valet
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Macbook Pro: SSD Disk in express card slot up to 32 GB-cool?
    Hey Franky, Very interesting stuff! Thanks for posting it. I can imagine the day when two drives in a laptop will be the norm! Although I expect we'll be using 8 core laptops by then ;-) I found a link on Amazon.co.uk to the 32GB one (if anyone is interested): [url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRANSCEND-ExpressCard-Solid-State-Disk/sim/B000SK9DLY/2[/url] By the way, feel free to post threads of this nature in the general or gear sub-forum in the future. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: