macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Chris"The Glove"
    Error code when burning discs
    HI, Can any one please advise me if I am doing something wrong or if I have a problem with my DVD drive. I have tried to burn to DVD discs some Ned programs, tried several different discs, but always comes up with the following error code: "sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -536870198). Any advice would be appreciated as it is driving me insane. Mac OSX 10.4.11 Power PC G5 Thank you Chris
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Error code when burning discs
    Hi Chris, I've seen this error reported by other users before. Try using DVD-R (4 x or slower). But before you rush out to buy more dvd's - are you sure that you're not trying to put too much info on one disc. I tend to leave at least 250 MB free per DVD. Are you burning the disc using a burn folder or a third party application? Cheers Rounik
  • Chris"The Glove"
    HI Thank you for the reply. Am using discs 1-16x and doing it on the lowest setting possible from a burn folder. Will keep on trying Thanks again Chris
  • Rounik Admin
    Are you burning with DVD-R or DVD+R? Some others found that switching to DVD-R helped. Cheers Rounik
  • Chris"The Glove"
    Hi Rounik, i've tried both DVD-R and DVD+R but still no joy :( Thanks Chris.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Chris, Which brand of DVD-/+R have you been using?
  • Chris"The Glove"
    Hello again Rounik, i've tried using both SONY DVD-R (4x/1x) 4.7GB and TDK DVD+R (1-16x speed) 4.7GB Discs. Thanks for your help, Chris.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Chris, I've never used sony or tdk discs but for the best part of 5 years I've stuck to Verbatim (available in whsmiths, pcworld, all the usual UK high street retailers..) and have had no more than 5 defective discs used on 4 different mac's in that time. Do you have issues burning data dvd's or cd's for anything other than NED? Cheers Rounik
  • Chris"The Glove"
    Hi Rounik, i've had no problems burning anything else to disc other than NED. I've spent a lot of cash on these Mac pro tutorials and am really concerned about not being able to back them up to disc. Cheers Chris.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Chris, sorry to hear about this. Have you contacted support directly on this issue? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] They should be able to help more. What method are you using to back up to disc? - creating a new burn folder, adding the .prgm NED tutorial from the documents/NED/ folder, and checking the available and used space etc and burning the disc? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: