macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeck
    mac no shut down..
    hello well ,my mac does not shut down nor restart,i have to shut down electric power ,then restart and then for a while is available the shut down and restart ,but later ,if i go to apple icon and then press shut down it doesnt do nothing,so if anybody please have and idea ? thank you very much
  • Christian L
    Re: mac no shut down..
    Hi, Are you still on 10.4.11 ? Do you have Final Cut installed ? In the meantime, check out this thread on Apple Discussions:[url]http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7301562&#7301562[/url] Christian
  • jeck
    thanks christian yeah i am still in 10.4.11 ill read the thread you send me ... i dont have FC....
  • Christian L
    A few things to try : 1- Repairing permissions (Applications / Utilities / Disk Utility). It probably won't solve your problem... but it can't hurt! 2-Do you have any external HD, printer, scanner connected to your Mac ? If you do, disconnect all devices and try shutting down. 3-Create a new user account. Log in your new user and try shutting down. Keep me informed. Christian
  • jeck
    hi christian i really dont know what happened my my computer went crazy yesterday 1 well as you know .no shut down 2 i couldnt empty the trash 3 all this start when i tried to make a bounce in logic and the bounce was made in 32 bit why? i check 16 bit in dialog box bounce so later i couldnt open this file in logic i send to the trash ,and all start to stuck and for now it seems that everything works ok repaired permissions and finally get rid of the trash, i have the tutorial mastering your mac by martin and help me a lot but. is there another tutorial that i can watch and learn more? thank you very much for your help see you
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hector, Glad to know that this issue is sorted now. It's difficult to say why this happened without seeing your imac setup... It might have been a "permissions issue" in which case repairing permissions has helped! It's good maintenance to run repair permissions every couple of weeks and/or before and after installing new software. Are you using Logic 8.0.2? Cheers Rounik
  • jeck
    hi rounik yes i have logic 8.0.2 and since then i start to having this kind of trouble i run permissions since you tell me. it could be a virus ? my set up is very simple imac. 250 GB(80 GB free) HD 3 GB ram ,i use the built in audiocard and a maudio 88es keyboard,and ilok key,and a vienna instrument key.thats it thank you rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hector, I don't think it's a virus. There are no known viruses for Mac OS X. Certainly nothing that targets Logic that I have ever heard of. It's more likely to be some conflict with your system... perhaps the vienna instruments key or maudio or ilok key and Logic 8.0.2. How is your system now? Is everything ok? Can you restart etc ok? Thanks Rounik
  • jeck
    rounik now its OK,i rescan the plugins (vienna etc) and i open another user as christian told me,and i restart ,and shut down properly ,i really appreciate your help. thank you very much Hector
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: