macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Deryvau
    How to Back up my MAC
    Well before I bite the bullet , I want to make sure I have my MAC backed up and safe !! I have googled te subject and there are a lot of tedious threads on the subject ! arrgghh I am mostly paranoid about 'the ultimate crash ' and loosing all my music applications ect... and registration codes I have some of the registration codes stored in my email adress for safe keeping . BUT NOT ALL how can I back up all my MAC applications with all the original registrations codes . How can I access all the registration codes , is it even possible to see them as a list as text format ? so I can maybe print them all out for safe keeping If one day I change MAC's or have an ultimate crash how can I restore all these applications with no cold swaets because the original reg. code are nowhere to be found ? all the best to you all
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to Back up my MAC
    Hi ongo, Use an app like Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper (both are free I think) to clone your system to an external HD. As for registration codes... some plug-in manufacturer's make it impossible to keep the registration codes intact when backing up / copying their app. They do this to prevent piracy I guess. If you can keep all the registration codes written down or stored in a safe space. You will probably have to do this manually. If you don't have the original codes, contact the companies directly or open the App, and see if you can find the code in the "About this app" menu command. which registration codes are you mainly concerned about? Cheers Rounik
  • Deryvau
    thanks man I will check these applications you refered too ! really thanks for your time !!!!!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi ongo, No problem at all! Here's the links for the software: [url]http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html[/url] [url]http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html[/url] Super Duper does cost a small amount... I've used both in the past and settled on Carbon Copy Cloner, but many people love Super Duper too. By the way, if you were thinking of upgrading to os x 10.5 (Leopard) there is a backup feature called Time Machine which is very very useful. If you're interested here's a link with more info about it: [url]http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/timemachine.html[/url] Of course, if you're happy with OS 10.4 and everything is working then the apps above are great... and if you decide to upgrade your OS then I'd recommend you clone your system before doing so anyway. ;-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: