macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Paul
    Home Networking in Tiger
    hiya, just bought the OSX security video... is great. But I wanted to know: I have 2 mac laptops in the same house both running tiger. Is there a way to network them wirelessly? I like the idea of being able to swap files without the pen drive! Thanks
  • Paul
    Re: Home Networking in Tiger
    OK not to worry! I figured it out I did however have a problem with connecting to my friends machine in Birmingham (I'm in London) Every user name and password I tried failed. When the machines connect, it askes for a user name and password, what one is it asking for? Mine? His? None seem to work!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Paul, Can you post your solution to setting it up. Have you disabled the firewall in System Preferences > Sharing? I've found something here that might help for mac's using Tiger: [url]http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/54697-connecting-two-macs-remotely-over-internet-connection.html[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Paul
    OK 1. I enabled file sharing on both macsand disabled both firwals. 2. then in finder on one of the macs, i went to the top of the screen to GO/CONNECT TO SERVER. 3. Then I clicked BROWSE and hey presto! the other mac appeared. All I had to do is type in the passwords. Although this is great for inside my house (saves a fat bugger like me running up and down the stairs to tranfer files!!) I still need to connect to my friends Mac 100 miles away. I've tried everything and yes his firewall is off as well. Can anyone help.... please!!!????
  • Paul
    ok, so i have is sorted within my home network: I can now view the screen of my tiger machine using the one with leopard installed. Can you just use screen sharing on a local network or can it be used on a mac 100 miles away?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Paul, How did you get this setup on a Tiger to leopard connection? If the other mac is Leopard based and even 10,000 miles away you can screen share easily using iChat :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: