macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rasydye
    compressed file is still too large
    hello. i'm going to send some big files through email. i right clicked the file and shose "make archive" from the menu. the file was compressed fine and a new one with extention .zip" was created. but when i opened the info of the new file, i found the size of this new created one was only reduced from the original of 48m to 47m. there is no much difference and i still can't send it. could anyone let me know what was wrong and any solution? many thanks!! regards,
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: compressed file is still too large
    Hi cx, what format is the original audio file? If it is mp3 - then compressing it won't make any difference because an mp3 is already compressed! Some file types or info file types don't get much smaller when compressing them. I think the problem lies in the fact that you are trying to send a large file by email. You don't mention who your email account provider is (yahoo/hotmail/gmail/@me.com). Some email accounts have a limit on the size of file you can send. It's normally in the region of 10-15mb. You will need to find other ways to transfer it. Many people use their iDisk if they have mobileme. Alternatively you can upload the file to a website if you have it or to a file sharing service like: sendpace.com or yousendit.com Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, and somewhere like sendit do have free accounts, but they will limit you to 100mb when sending anything I think it is. Cheers, John
  • Rounik Admin
    yes, good point, both have free accounts. In case anyone is interested, [url]http://sendspace.com/[/url] allows upto 300mb per file. Cheers Rounik
  • Rasydye
    great, i will try. thanks to all of you! best regards,
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: