macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Busodeo
    How do i delete my passwords?
    Hi, Im selling my PowerMac G5 next week. Before i do i'm going to delete the hard drive and re-install the operating system. Is this enough to delete my Keychains, Safari and Mail passwords and anything else i wouldn't want the new owner to see? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How do i delete my passwords?
    Hi Futurevibe, It's very important to erase your HD securely as simply deleting the files and placing them in trash will not necessarily do this. Fortunately, MAC OSX comes with a very handy applications called Disk Utility: Applications / Utilities After you have backed up all the important files you wish to keep insert the Install Disk that came with your Mac into the Superdrive. Reboot your Mac and hold down C during this process. Your Mac will boot from the disk. Choose Disk Utility from the Installer Menu. Select Erase and click on 'Security Options...' 35 pass is the most secure (but will take a long long time). I usually go for 7 pass personally. Then you can install a clean OSX using the Install Disk. Thanks Rounik
  • Busodeo
    Hi Rounik, That seems to have worked. Thanks for your help.
  • Rounik Admin
    My pleasure! Glad to hear all worked well. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: