macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toine
    copying and back-up files problem
    Hi, I have a new problem since I bought a extern HD. I first formatted it for Mac (Mac OS Extended) and then I got problems when I wanted to use it on my PC, so I formatted it again with MS-DOS FAT. When I want to copy and back-up all my files it stops the process very often with this message : The Finder canât complete the operation because some data in canât be read or written. (Error code -36) There must be something in the files that give this message, because now even when I just want to copy a file that came from my external HD and I want to copy it elsewhere , I got the same problem. Can you help my please. I found on the net that formatting to DOS FAT helps but not for me ... Antoine
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: copying and back-up files prob...
    Hi Antoine, I would check the original files to make sure they are not corrupted and still work on the PC. Cheers Rounik
  • toine
    I checked that, and some files I need to back-up never saw a PC OS. I made a full back-up of everything on my PC instead of my Mac and it worked, so it is really Mac that doesn't like the file. And it has no reason because some of the files are made on the Mac. And when I tried to back-up the file on a usb it gave the same error, so it is really something in the file. Thx for helping me
  • toine
    this is exact the same problems as the other guys : http://macosx.com/forums/mac-os-x-system-mac-software/312072-finder-error-36-a.html Guess I'll have to wait for Mac to find a solution. But this is very frustrated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Antoine for posting the link. It's a pity this is an issue with 10.6.2 by the looks of it... Hope that Apple fix it soon! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: