macProVideo.com
Forums
  • stevepig
    quick time 7.6.4
    I just software updated to qt 7.6.4 and it wont play my quicktime movies. It plays dv movie, avi,mpeg movies but not qtmovie. It says that some components are missing and directs me to the qt component page but nothing about why it doesnt platy the very movies it was designed for ..I dont want to fresh install the OS just for the sake of Qt...please advise ..cheers s
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: quick time 7.6.4
    Hi Steve, Quicktime is a format that covers many different video codecs.... It's important to know which components exactly are missing. Cheers Rounik
  • stevepig
    hi ,thanks for getting back to me so soon ,but..it doesn't tell me what components are missing ,.i want to install logic studio9 which as you know will take 4 hours etc , but i need to know if i need to reinstall the os before i start loading all my apps in this new machine..I forgot to mention that my previous mac was a ppc and the movies worked on that but now i have upgraded to leopard 10.5.8 on my 2008 intel mac and updadted all the software i cant play back the quick time movies.I need to get working on my music soon andi'm keen to load all my music apps ,should i resolve this QT issue first?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, No probs. OK Here are a couple of things to try before installing Logic 9. 1. Find out what codec the videos are in: - Select the video file in the Finder - Hit Command-I to display the Info window. 2. Try re-downloading Quicktime Pro. - Via the Apple website 3. Try VLC Download VLC & check if the video file plays back ok in VLC. - [url]http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html[/url] 4. Download Perian. Perhaps you were using a special codec that Quicktime can not normally read. Perhaps you had installed Perian on your PPC Mac? [url]http://perian.org/[/url] 5. Let's not go there quite yet ;-) Hopefully the first four steps have resolved the issue... at the least the info from #1 will help us understand what is going on. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: