macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    Cleaning the Hard Drive
    What is a good method, or program, to clean a mac hard drive(s): get rid of no longer used programs, files, defragment, etc.? Thanks, SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Cleaning the Hard Drive
    Hi SG In theory OSX does not need to be defraged as it performs this automatically. Have you used Disk Utility to perform a Repair Permissions? Details on how to do this and some other good tips can be found here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] :) Rounik p.s. getting rid of unused applications... most of the time, depending on the app, delete the application form the Applications folder is enough. You can also explore the User/Library/Application Support folder too for related files.
  • Tenogyi
    Thank you! I will do the Repair Permissions now. I have other questions, but I am going to do this first. Thanks again. SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad it's helped! Let me know how you get on and of course if have any other questions. :) Rounik
  • Rogier
    Onyx from Titanium software is a free application that you can even download from the Apple website. I have found it way more powerful than Disk Utility.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: