macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    201, Killer!!!
    Congrats Mr Sethi, Love this series. your really going to make me a power user! I have a small problem. A while back when grass was green and the sky was blue, I had a small disaster on the previous computer which I had of course backed up with time machine. That disaster was indeed a failed hard drive. Solution, I went to Apple and pulled the trigger on the big Kahuna, the 8 core Mac Pro 16GBT RAM with a 1 Terabyte drive and a 30 inch Cinema display. Ok, Yaaaa, I have a great computer. Good for me right. Next I proceed to restore my previous settings on my brand new computer with time Machine. Now I have my documents and etc all back again except, they are corrupt. So I decided to make this new killer computer clean & migrate my files to anther user account. At the time I had one set up called Test. I did change over but foolishly deleted the original account. Oh well, live an learn. Now I have sorted out the majority of the wreckage, locked files disorderly this or that. I still have one thing I cannot seem to over come. My home is named, Test. Hi there, I'm Test, and you are? Is it conceivably possibly to rename this little house on my computer to something other then test? It makes me feel, well slightly laboratory, sort of an experiment of sorts. Ok, enough antics. I posted this screen shot which includes a super cool image of Jimi Hendrix whom I share the "Left Handed" guitar player theme with. Let me know your thoughts. And again, loving the new series and I'm only into the 3rd video! I need to memorize some key commands! [img]http://mojaveampworks.com/scrnshts/test.jpg[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 201, Killer!!!
    Hi Victor Yup, I'm gonna make a power user out of you! ;-) Glad to know you're enjoying the tut and I hope it continues! Well, personally what I'd do is backup all settings from the current user account and then create a new user account with full admin abilities. Then delete the old user account (or leave it...) Alternatively there's this great, albeit long process to follow, which Apple have posted on changing the account name: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1428?viewlocale=en_US[/url] Wow. That image of Hendrix is really nice! Love it. btw, would appreciate it if you would leave an honest review on the 201 tut's review page when you're done viewing it. Cheers! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: