macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Question for Rounik Mac OS10.6 Tutorial
    Hi Rounik, I used your tip on creating a keyboard shortcut but even though it appears to have taken, it does not actually work. Could you clue me in on how it is to be used or should I be able to simple press the short cut key command and get my application to open as desired? Here is what I did. Open keyboard shortcuts in the preference menu. Went to Applications. Clicked the + sign to add a new command. I typed in the exact wording as instructed and put the command keys in which happened to be control, option command L. This was to open Logic. I typed in the word Logic as it appeared in my applications folder. No luck. Cannot get this key command to work. I had also created an additional short cut key command to open my Lexicon IONIX Mixer control panel. Basically I was setting up a quick way to jump into my recording process and to speed up work flow, I also turned on spaces and assigned Logic to the Top left, Mixer to Top Right, Melodyne to the bottom left and finder to bottom right. I then made a easy command Option arrow to quickly move between windows. I did this because I cannot make these specific application windows Floating so they do not disappear. I had also downloaded an application free, "AFLOAT" which does work on some applications but not all. Thus the Spaces idea. So in a nutshell, and aside form the last potion of this post which was complete irrelevant, I have created the shortcut key command but how can I get it to actually worK? Thanks you again as always Victor Mason Mojave Ampworks LLC
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Question for Rounik Mac OS10.6...
    Hi Victor, The shortcut key command to launch Logic won't work because there is no menu item in OSX which launches an application. e.g. You could create a shortcut for the following menu command: Finder > About Finder because there is a corresponding menu command. To create a keyboard shortcut to launch Logic you'll need to create a Service in Automator: 1. Launch Automator and choose the Service workflow. 2. Set the 'Service receives' to No Input and 'in' Any Application. 3. Drag the Launch Application action into the workflow area and choose Logic Pro from the application list. 4. Save the Service with a name of your choice. 5. In System Preferences > Keyboard > Services scroll down and find the new service. Double-click on the right of it to create a shortcut to the Service. That should all work now. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Rohogay
    Hey thanks so much!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Victor, No problem! Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope you enjoy the rest of the tutorial :) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Victor, Wanted to say Thank You for mentioning Afloat in you previous post. It triggered a dim light bulb... It was actually an app I was considering including in the Mac OS 201 tutorial... but didn't get around to testing it out... So, I wrote a blog tip about how to use it with Logic to make any window stay on top: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/power-tip-enable-window-floating-window-logic[/url] Thanks again! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: