macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coFane
    Creating a highlighted circle around the cursor?
    Hey Rounik. I tore through your OSX tut right when it first came out (I've had the old school looking dock ever since!-- among other things). I think you mentioned the app used to create a circle around the cursor for presentations (the same way you do in your OSX tut), but I can't locate the video now. What app do you use for that? I already own Omindazzle but I don't like the appearance of the highlighted area it creates around the cursor. Thanks my friend!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Creating a highlighted circle ...
    Hey CoFane! Good to see you again... Hope all your Logic chops are going nicely. Well, for my Adv OS X tut I used the screen capturing software's mouse cursor. But, I use highlighted cursor around the mouse for teaching and seminars and I've settled on two different ones I'd recommend. 1. Pinpoint. [url]http://www.macchampion.com/MacChampion/Welcome.html[/url] Pros: Cheap, pretty good, toggle keys... oh and a new version is out too. I'll check it out. Cons: Even though I've paid for it, as it uses a registration code, it make it a pain to deauthorise one user account in order to register and authorise another user account on the same Mac. (I tend to use different User accounts for training etc). 2. Mouse Locator [url]http://www.2point5fish.com/[/url] Pros: Free. Easy. Free. It works... and it's free - so no authorise this and that malarkey. Cons: The supplied circles are cheesy and more. However, you can drop an alpha image of choice in a specific folder in order to use that to highlight your mouse cursor... pretty cool. Omnidazzle is pretty nice too.. but sometimes all I need is a simple red circle! Let me know if that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: