macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeff
    Re: Mac Pro sluggish
    Well... I was ready to buy more RAM, throw out my airport base station...Thanks to Rounik...not necessary 1. I backed up my files on a second internal drive 2. did a clean install of Snow leopard 3. did a clean install of Logic and other apps ...oh and also moved my operating system to "bay 1" from "Bay 4" back to normal safari, mail, syncing and general speed of my MAC is back to normal .. top notch, top shelf.. I feel great!!! I suspect a sloppy upgrade install of SL and Logic and or having my operating system installed in "bay 4" vs. "bay 1" Thanks Rounik!!! Jeff
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jeff, Really glad to hear it!! Clean installs are like a proper spring cleaning. You can't beat 'em in my book. :) Rounik
  • Skye
    Yea. Clean install is great every couple years. I copy my system to another drive, do a fresh install with all new apps then copy over the files I need as required. This saves me from having to go through tons of old files that I don't have the time to go through and delete. I usually keep the backup for around a year just to make sure I get everything off that I need then I delete it. Changing the drive bays shouldn't effect performance unless the buses are at different speeds which I don't think they are.
  • Rounik Admin
    btw, two good apps for cloning system drives to make bootable backups/clones: Carbon Copy Cloner (use this myself) & Super Duper. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: