macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    .MOV files
    a friend of mine is having trouble opening .mov files with quicktime and the message is saying that they need additional 3 party software to open and run the file. are the files corrupt or does she need to un-install and re-install quicktime player?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: .MOV files
    Hi K1, .Mov is only a container file. What video codec is the file? Ask your friend to select the file in the Finder and choose: File > Get Info In the Get Info Window under the "More Info" area she'll see the video codec used. What 3rd party software is being recommended? Sometimes Perian and other addons can be very useful and work great with Quicktime. :) R
  • Skye
    Download VLC: [url]http://www.videolan.org/vlc/[/url] It will play anything.
  • Rounik Admin
    Good idea Skye! VLC is pretty cool at playing back virtually any codec you throw at it. (Just heard yesterday that VLC has been released for the iPad too... interesting!) :) Rounik
  • Skye
    VLC on the ipad would be sweet. No more video conversions =)
  • Rounik Admin
    Ahhhh... I've just been re-reading some user comments on VLC for iPad... not as sweet yet as it could be... Perhaps it's a work in progress... Apparently it can't playback very many different formats yet... but I've heard of other players for iPad like OPlayer and yxplayer... though tbh I don't have a any need for these really. OK. I'll stop hijacking threads now [blush] ;-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: