macProVideo.com
Forums
  • N.E.D.web 1.6
    XP SP2 or 3 using VmWare Fusion
    I need a copy of XP SP 2 or 3 to put on my new iMac i5, using VmWare Fusion - XP hard to find, but available on ebay (which I'm amatuer at & don't fully trust my ability to choose proper version). Have been told by Mac it must be a full Retail version, but others have said their OEM version will work. All are non returnable, so please give me your advice on what to look for & buy safely. Thanks so much, Bev
  • N.E.D.web 1.6
    XP SP2 or 3 using VmWare Fusion
    I need a copy of XP SP 2 or 3 to put on my new iMac i5, using VmWare Fusion - XP hard to find, but available on ebay (which I'm amatuer at & don't fully trust my ability to choose proper version). Have been told by Mac it must be a full Retail version, but others have said their OEM version will work. All are non returnable, so please give me your advice on what to look for & buy safely. Thanks so much, Bev
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: XP SP2 or 3 using VmWare Fusio...
    Hi Bev4005, I'm not familiar with running Windows XP on a Mac... why do you need XP and not Windows 7? Personally I'd go with the advice given by Apple on this and get a full retail copy... Best Rounik
  • N.E.D.web 1.6
    Thanks for responding, Rounik. Mac is built so that it can run Win XP thru it's own BootCamp, or freeware VmWare Fusion, or Paralles. I have expensive graphics programs on my old Windows that I cannot afford to re-buy (i.e. Adobe PS = $1900). Since my Adobe, etc, is over 4 yrs old, I wanted XP because I *know* my Windows Adobe will work with XP, & am not sure it will work properly with the new Win 7. Ebay has XP, but my inexperience with it & the no return policy has made me leery of buying it there. I contacted a PC builder & he sold me a new copy of XP SP2 & it installed fine, so I'm set to go. It's neat being able to run both Windows & Mac on the same screen & easily switches from one to the other, using VmWare Fusion. Bev
  • N.E.D.web 1.6
    Thanks for responding, Rounik. Mac is built so that it can run Win XP thru it's own BootCamp, or freeware VmWare Fusion, or Paralles. I have expensive graphics programs on my old Windows that I cannot afford to re-buy (i.e. Adobe PS = $1900). Since my Adobe, etc, is over 4 yrs old, I wanted XP because I *know* my Windows Adobe will work with XP, & am not sure it will work properly with the new Win 7. Ebay has XP, but my inexperience with it & the no return policy has made me leery of buying it there. I contacted a PC builder & he sold me a new copy of XP SP2 & it installed fine, so I'm set to go. It's neat being able to run both Windows & Mac on the same screen & easily switches from one to the other, using VmWare Fusion. Bev
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bev, Glad to know you got a copy of XP SP2. How are you finding performance of PS when running VmWare Fusion. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: