macProVideo.com
Forums
  • spod
    editing meta tags
    is there a metadata tool for Mac which is similar to Metadata Touch - [url]http://www.digitalconfidence.com/MetadataTouch.html[/url] ?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: editing meta tags
    Hi spod I'm not familiar with the product you've linked to. In Mac OS X's Finder you can open a Floating Info Inspector: (Option+Command+I) Then select a file and this Inspector updates to show info about the selected file(s). At the top is the "Spotlight" window where you can add metadata so you can search for this file very easily. If you want to add meta data specifially to Photos, iPhoto is great. Music: iTunes is great, etc. If the solution above doesn't help, what exactly do you want to achieve (and for what file types)? Thanks Rounik
  • spod
    Hi Rounik, Thank you for your help. The metadata added by Spotlight is not written into the file itself, so it isn't what I'm looking for. I know iPhoto and iTunes, but I was wondering if there is a tool that supports editing metadata (that is stored within the file) in multiple formats (pics, music, video, docs, etc.). Thanks, spod
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Spod, I see what you mean... The only time I really need metadata written into a file is when exporting music, which I can do in Logic pretty easily... I've found this site which might be of interest: [url]http://www.ehnoakley.com/metametadata51.html[/url] Does this help at all? Cheers Rounik
  • spod
    that's good compilation, but I havn't found there an "all-in-one" tool like Metadata Touch. Thanks, spod
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi spod, That's a shame. If i come across any all-in-one Meta Editor I'll be sure to update this thread. btw, I'm curious why you need the meta data written into the file headers? Thanks Rounik
  • spod
    It's always better if the metadata goes with the file, when you send the file or copy it, and it's stored in a standard way that many programs on different platforms support (like XMP). Thanks, spod
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: