macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zihymua
    Apple 10.6.6 update Nightmare
    Be wise for now do not update, all my 3 Mac now unable to boot i have to bring them all to Apple store, what a night mare and if you do not believe me go at Apple site under OSX software discussions there already 2 pages of complaint, do not boot no more Hope they could do something about it, reinstal my 3 Mac will be at least 60 hours process Shame on Apple, all this because they tried to implement the new App system for kids fun, they rush on everything about iTune selling stuff and after 4 years unable to give us Bluray in our Pro App.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Apple 10.6.6 update Nightmare
    Hi Alrobi, I'm sorry to hear this - it's really unfortunate, and thanks for sharing this info with us. I'm not doubting you, but I updated from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6 on my MacBookPro 2.4Ghz Core2duo yesterday and it's running fine. Of course before updating my OS version I cloned my system drive to an external drive - to create a bootable partition. Can you describe what Mac's you are using and did you try booting from the Install DVD that can with your Mac / or the Snow Leopard DVD? Were you unable to boot up using an external drive with a bootable version of OSX on it? Hope you have some luck at the Apple Store. :) Rounik
  • Zihymua
    Hi Rounik, Happy New Year I just arrived from the Apple Store a 60k drive, bring my MacPro 3Gh Quad, the Genious at Apple tell me they do not no Why this happen and because they have special equipment they do fix the problem Ouff, so tomorrow i will bring in my 2 others computers to have them fix, so if this happen to you, do not fool around just go to Apple store to have it fix and it is free
  • Rounik Admin
    Happy New Year!! ... and glad you got it fixed by Apple :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: